Tuesday, October 2, 2012

He's Here and He's Perfect!

Meet London Isaiah Adams
Born September 20, 2012
3:09pm
8 lbs, 13 oz, 21 3/4 inches long



I had a doctor's appointment on September 19th and my doctor asked me if I would like to discuss inducing (if I was uncomfortable). Of course I answered immediately and asked if they had anything available like...now :) She disappeared and came back to let us know Centennial Hospital was available for me the next morning at 5:00am. Isaiah and I were so excited we didn't sleep at all that night. 

I didn't know what to expect with inducing (and labor for that matter) but I had the most pleasant experience. My nurses were wonderful, I never felt any pain from contractions, my epidural didn't hurt, they fed me ice chips, and the whole process was 6 hours (which is amazing for your first delivery). The only bump in the road was actually pushing him out. His head was turned a funny way so every time I pushed, his forehead would hit my pelvic bone and he wouldn't come out any further. Because of this, I had to push for an hour after I was dilated 10cm. I finally pushed him past my pelvic bone and he came right out :) Isaiah watched him come out and immediately said "he has dark hair!!...and he has your button nose!!" 








I'll never forget how rewarded I felt after experiencing labor. I've never done something so hard for so long and felt so much overwhelming joy after the fact. I was so proud of myself that I created him, housed him so well inside of me, carried his weight for 9 months, and birthed him beautifully. I know Isaiah and I are biased but we seriously think he's the most gorgeous baby we've ever seen. He has the most precious features. 






This first week has been insanely hard but so much fun. We had London's first doctor's appointment to see his pediatrician last Monday and got such a great report of how healthy he is! He gained 3 oz since being discharged from the hospital which they say is rare. London has his 2 week check up on Oct. 4th. I'm so anxious to see what he weighs this week!


Car ride home from the hospital




Like father like son





My happy boy :)


First outing in the park...look at those long skinny legs and big feet!





 





No comments:

Post a Comment