Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Music with a hint of lime

Isaiah and I are huge Gavin DeGraw fans and last night we got the opportunity to go to his concert at a place we've never been to downtown called Marathon Music Works. It was standing room only but we got there early enough to stand 3rd row (which was a blast). I'm convinced the baby enjoyed it too :)



p.s. Just as the car mirrors read, these objects were closer than they appear. I could've reached out and touched him. Sorry the pictures are so blurry...if you've ever been to a concert, you understand.






...and surprise! Karina Smirnoff was there (Gavin's Dancing with the Stars partner) premiering Monday the 19th. 


In baby news:

The most dramatic development this week: reflexes. The baby's fingers will soon begin to open and close, the toes will curl, the eye muscles will clench, and the mouth will make sucking movements. In fact, if I prod my abdomen, the baby will squirm in response, although I won't be able to feel it. The baby's intestines, which have grown so fast that they protrude into the umbilical cord, will start to move into his abdominal cavity about now, and the kidneys will begin excreting urine into the bladder. 
SWEET!
The baby's face looks unquestionably human: The eyes have moved from the sides to the front of the head, and his ears are right where they should be. From crown to rump, the baby-to-be is just over 2 inches long (about the size of a lime) and weighs half an ounce.

4 comments:

  1. I'm teary eyed. I LOVED reading this! Keep posting on the progress. :-D By the way, the concert looked amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just got caught up reading all the blog posts...Hooray for a healthy heartbeat!! Alex, you look glowing at 10 weeks, and Isaiah, your joyful facial expression in the doctor's office says, "Proud Papa" all over it. :-D
    We're going to the Pancake Pantry when we come visit this Fall. Your baby nephew is adorable! You're going to be a great Mama, Alex. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gavin Degraw concert...SOOO jealous. You should name the baby Gavin. Actually don't...so I can name my baby Gavin ;) Hehe
    Love, Bec

    ReplyDelete
  4. The concert looked like it was a lot of fun! You'll probably think this is a sin, but I don't think I've heard any of his songs. I don't listen to a lot of music, and when I do, I normally stay within Pandora's recommendations based on the songs I do know. Maybe you can play Gavin next time we see each other. Not exactly the precise moment when we see each other, cause if Gavin was playing in the background as we say hi, that'd be kind of weird, lol.

    TEEHEE! Lime. Limey. Cuute. I can't even fathom what you're going through. I'm SUPER excited!!!!

    ReplyDelete