Friday, February 3, 2012

First Doctor's Appointment

6 Weeks

Isaiah and I had SO much fun today!!

Our appointment started with an ultrasound that showed us our little bean (with a heart attached) which was our favorite part. They let us know that I was 6 weeks instead of 8 like they estimated and that my official due date is September 27th. There wasn't any sound at this appointment but we got to watch the heart beat which made everything so real and joyful! The x-ray tech told us that the baby's heart rate was in the 200's and it sounded wonderful. My sister told me that there's an old wives tale that says that if your baby's heart rate is in the higher digits, it's a girl, if it's lower (in the 100's), it's a boy...we shall see!



After the ultrasound I got to meet with my doctor (who was fabulous, and I loved). She spent a lot of time with me answering all of our questions so that we left feeling completely informed. Plus her office environment is like going to a spa. I thought to myself, "why have I been going to anyone else for my OBGYN appointments!?"

After we spoke with the doctor it was off to take blood and then we were done. The whole appointment took about 2 hours. I'm scheduled to see my doctor once a month and will only have one more ultrasound (which will be around 20 weeks- beginning of May) to let us know the sex and the overall health of the baby since it will be much more developed at that time. 

I found out that my prenatals were the main source of my sickness so my doctor advised me to stop taking those during my first trimester and start taking Flinstone vitamins instead (YAY! those are so yummy!). Once I hit my second trimester, I'll be able to start back on the prenatals. So in addition to the Flinstones, I'll want to eat and drink lots of things with calcium, fiber, and folic acid...

I'm off to the grocery store :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment